My birthday has come and gone once again, so I guess it’s time to buck up and get back on a diet, as it was totally blown out of the water this week due to a week long birthday celebration, but hey…why not? It’s the little things that make me happy & this week was full of those little things.
- I was taken out on Sunday by someone from back home, which was awesome to get to see someone from my hometown!
- On Monday, met up with the bestie after work at a new restaurant to celebrate her birthday!
- Tuesday…the bestie came back to work after having yet another Monday off.
- On Wednesday, it was my Uncle’s 50th b-day & my sister called via FaceTime to wish me a Happy Birthday early since she had to work on my b-day.
- Thursday was my birthday & even though the day at work dragged on painfully slow, I came in to a fully decorated office by the bestie, even though I told her no decorations were necessary, cupcakes, a bag full of goodies (2 bottles of wine and The Muppet Movie) Stay tuned…that may make for an interesting night this weekend! Plus, a couple of cards signed by several co-workers…some may have been held at knifepoint by the bestie to sign the card, which was nice. I also got an unexpected gift of a picture frame from a super sweet co-worker. And was met in the hall way by tons of birthday wishes throughout the day. After work, it was off to meet the bestie for yet another birthday dinner & a yummy b-day dessert of strawberry shortcake. Then when I got home, I was greeted by a birthday card in my mailbox from the parents and then a FaceTime call from the parents shortly after getting home, which is always nice…so much better than just talking on the phone. Then about as soon as I hung up with them one of my best friends from high school called to say Happy Birthday as well.
Now it’s Friday, the birthday celebrations are over, the work week is over (Thank God!) & it’s back to the daily grind. It may be time to even change some things up for year 34, but I still have to work on that list, but exercise is at the top.