Well, it’s that time of year, where the Christmas decorations come out, all the stores are playing Christmas music & people are starting to plan there Black Friday shopping plan of attack. As much as it irks the hell out of me when people have there trees up before Thanksgiving, you can’t help to get a little bit excited of the fast approaching Christmas season. When I visited Caitlin’s blog today I seen she had posted a X-mas meme & I find them hard to resist, so I thought I’d follow suit. Below is a pic of the X-mas tree at my parents house a couple X-mas’s ago, as I spent last X-mas all by myself for the first time…It sucked & I hope I never have to do that ever again!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, for sure! Especially the homemade stuff cooked on the stovetop! Forget that powdered junk!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa doesn’t wrap presents…that’s what the elves are for…duh!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights are classic & look pretty, but I love colored lights! We usually change it up. We’ll put white lights on the tree and colored lights on the house. I even like to change up the style of lights we put on the tree. Instead of those little blink lights…I love the look of the old fashioned big colored bulbs…so pretty!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thankgiving or the weekend after.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mama’s homemade stuffing & rolls! OMG…this stuff is to die for and you’d think it had crack in it, it disappears so fast! I was so blessed to grow up with a southern mom that cooks everything from scratch and could put Paula Deen to shame any day of the week!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Oh, they are all good! My most memorable would have been the X-mas when I was in first grade, so I was probably 6 and my little brother was 3. We walked downstairs and it was like a dream at that age. There was a little table and chairs just the perfect height for my brother and I. I got a crayola art desk that year…my favorite present ever! I also got metal roller skates that you slipped on over your tennis shoes & I loved rolling around the house in them because they made me taller. I also got a baton that year, which I was super excited about until my little brother got a hold of it and knocked my two front teeth out! It made for some toothless school pics!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t know what you’re talking about…HE’S REAL!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we used to exchange gifts with my cousins when we were super young, but then we didn’t get together when we got older. We did usually talk mom into letting us open up our X-mas presents from my aunt in Colorado on X-mas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Growing up my siblings and I would get a new ornament every year from where ever we vacationed that year & I’ve continued that tradition of getting a new ornament where ever we vacation! My parents tree holds most of those ornaments from growing up, along with several ornaments we made in grade school.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it on X-mas morning & that is it! It’s one thing to love it when you are a kid, when your only worry is which hill you’re going to sled down first. But when you’re older and have to drive and go to work in the stuff…BLAH! Hate it! That’s why I moved to Florida. If I want to experience snow I’ll go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas event where they make it snow at Magic Kingdom.
12. Can you ice skate? No way….me and ice don’t get along! I’m like Bambi on ice…just can’t do it!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Crayola Art Desk – it sparked my creativity and love for art to this day! I also had a Christmas engagement…so is my ring considered a present?? If so…it’s a close 2nd! 🙂
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my fiance and my family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Mom’s homemade sugar cookies with pink icing.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Jumping up and down on everyone’s bed at 6:00am….they’re lucky it’s not earlier! I also have to watch “The Christmas Story”!
17. What tops your tree? An old St. Nick, but he looks more like Gandolf from Lord of the Rings…LOL!
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving gifts…I think I get more excited seeing them open it, than opening anything for myself. I get pretty excited both ways though! I’m like a little kid on Christmas!
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Eh…they are okay. Not a huge peppermint fan, but I don’t dislike them.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Show or movie? Christmas movies are my favorite type of movies! My absolute favorites are Love Actually, The Holiday, The Christmas Story, Elf, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas Vacation….I could keep going, but I’ll stop. Now if it’s a show that’s on every year, I’d have to go with Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer or A Charlie Brown Christmas…I love his sad little tree.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? The Christmas Shoes hands down! I can’t listen to it…X-mas songs are suppose to be happy…not sad!
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? “All I want for Christmas is You” & not the Mariah Carey version…I like the version sung by Olivia Olson, which is from the movie, “Love Actually”. Then I love, “Baby it’s Cold Outside”.